Wednesday, October 20, 2010

the highline

highline_kevin_susan

highline_kevin

highlinehotel_susan

These are among the first photos I ever took with the Pen-FT. They're wildly inconsistent and still are at this point. Some basic problems with the film not advancing correctly to the still present metering problem—I'm beginning to think the lens itself is shooting a half-stop too slow because the meter looks fine compared with my handheld Minolta Auto V. You can almost see the schizophrenic nature of the camera at this point, although admittedly I was, and still am, still learning how to use it (see all those damn photos from my last SF trip I lost, or rather, don't see them). These photos are of Susan and my friend Kevin while we were waiting in line to get up to the Highline, and then finally up top. Around this time there were rumors the hotel directors were paying people to have sex in the windows where everyone could see, so the walkway was often crowded with paparazzi photographers with $10,000 setups. Some of these are actually quite good. Others I almost have to ask what decade they were taken in: the 70s?

No comments: