Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SF bound

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A couple old friends hanging out in front of Mission Records. Must be the summer of 2003. The girl is Sarah Sparks. I used to know her real name but all I remember now are her nicknames, like Sarita Sparks and Little Sarah. The guy is this dude Ryan, and I just recently learned his full name after he hit me up on Facebook. I remember having a lot of really fun, drunk times with this guy. Lots of memories that only pop in my head when the right Carrie Nations or Bitchin' song comes on unexpectedly for some reason. He won the 21-Bathroom contest [EDIT: shit man, Melissa reminded me it was the "21-Toilet Ride." I knew it didn't sound right...], where a bunch of people rode around the city and had a beer at every public bathroom in the city. I remember we rode in this Critical Mass together and all the PC people were getting mad at us because we were drinking beer along the way and getting drunk and smashing the cans on the street behind us. We all lived in Mission Records at one point, but I think they both might live in Georgia now.

I'm heading to San Francisco for a few days for a wedding. I haven't been back since visiting Susan in December 2006, before we started dating. I'm bringing along my Pen-FT and the Seagull and will hopefully have something to show for it (also bringing my Canon s90, but I'll only post digital stuff on here if it's really good, or really funny). I need to buy some film cleaner—part of the reason I've been so slow in posting more photos is because I hate cleaning the images of all the goddamn dust and shit over every frame. It's a pain, but I'll try to work through it.

1 comment:

Shakeses said...

First off, it was called the "21 Toilet Ride"; second of all, you need to call a fool. For real.