Monday, December 28, 2009

the road home and mission records

on the way back from LA
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

mission records
Photobucket

Photobucket

the last two photos I took with the great olympus pen-EE half-frame camera. it has a fixed shutter speed (1/60) and a fixed focal length. The fixed shutter speed is pretty cool and makes it easy to use, but is obviously problematic in low light/bright light areas. it also has this light cell thing around the lens that set the aperture automatically for ISOs 200 and below. since the camera is about 40 years old (or maybe more) the light cells aren't that accurate anymore, but still not too far off. there was only one naked light in my shithole room in Mission Records, so that's all I had to use for these shots. I've never seen or printed these before I scanned them in. The last one is the only photo I have of Simon, Casey, and me together, and maybe the only photo ever.

I'm not really sure what camera I used for the other photos. I'm guessing it was the Yashica T5 since they're just some snapshots I took while driving home and gasing up on the I-5 back from LA.

No comments: